Saturday, October 9, 2010

Swinging Gates

I am in the process of building the gates for the side yard. When the fence blew down in Hurricane Ike the side gate went with it. I decided to add gates to the other side as well which would give access to the back yard for parking a trailer or what ever. One of the maintenance guys at the Salem RO taught me how to make this gate years ago. I used the design on the side yard in Olypia so I could keep the trailer hidden behind it thus keeping the neighborhood gestapo appeased. The side yard next to the garage has been my utility trailer parking spot and it will be again once the gate is completed. I need to weld on the metal pieces to attach the 2x4 to that I will nail the fence boards on. This gate will be much more rigid than the one I built in Olympia. Here are the results so far.



The gate(s) on the other side of the house, actually two of them will open the entire side yard with a nifty removable middle post that will allow any size vehicle to drive into the back yard. There will be a small gate that is big enough to drive the lawn tractor through. I have the posts in but have not built the gate yet. I will post pictures later.

No comments: