Sunday, October 17, 2010

More Gates

Ok, it may appear to the casual observer, if there are any, that I am obsessed with gates. That may be true, probably is true. Ever since we purchased this house I have had a vision of back yard access that would allow anything from a pick-up truck to a mobile home to be pulled into the back yard. My dream was to build a shop back there, but I doubt that will ever happen. But if it does I have created a way to drive back there with a semi load of building materials. I can't say this will be the last post on gates because I am not finished yet. I worked on these two Friday evening and all day Saturday. I am learning as I go. After I finished the first gate I tried to correct some of the problems and the second one went much faster and with better precision. Also better welds. Still after it was up I thought of things I could do that would make it better, which I incorporated into the design f the third and last gate. These two gates together span over 20ft. the center post is removable to create one huge opening to accommodate anything you could ever want to put into a back yard.


No comments: